This aromatic keto diced beef has a delicious combination of spices and it will be ready in just 30 minutes.
Not a curry, not a stew… but a tasty low-carb meal made with beef and vegetables that goes well with basically anything. For example, you can try to pair this aromatic keto spiced beef with:
- a bowl of warm cauliflower rice
- a salad
- some roasted vegetables
- steamed cauliflower florets
- mashed cauliflower
The versatility of this recipe is amazing. You have all the flavours of a curry, the simplicity of a meal that even a cooking newbie could make and that earthy finish typical of a comforting stew. If you want to make it look more like a curry, you can easily add a few tablespoons of coconut milk and get a perfectly creamy sauce for your beef.
To make this aromatic keto diced beef, you’ll need:
- good quality diced beef
- fresh cherry tomatoes
- green chilli
- coconut oil and olive oil
- spices and salt
The mix of spices used in this recipe may include some ingredients you are not familiar with. You can use this dish as a chance to start using them. You’ll need:
Common questions about this aromatic keto diced beef
- Can I use a different kind of meat? Yes, try to use lamb or veal or a combination of lamb and beef. The mix of spices is more suitable for these kinds of meat.
- Can I make it in advance? Yes, it will be even tastier the next day. Store the cooked beef in a closed container in the fridge and reheat it in a pan just before serving.
- How can I serve this aromatic keto spiced beef? You have so many options to choose from! This aromatic beef is delicious even on its own but you can pair it with cauliflower rice, salads, roasted vegetables, mashed or steamed cauliflower.
- Can I make some changes to the combination of spices? Yes, you can easily make some changes to adapt the spices to your preferences. Just remember that spices are a key ingredient of this recipe and the mix should match the flavour of the meat.
- Is this dish spicy? It really depends on your personal taste, the recipe calls just for one green chilli and you can add a bit more or less to increase/decrease the spiciness of the meal.
Aromatic keto diced beef
- 450 g good quality diced beef
- 130 g fresh cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 30 g shallots finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil measured solid
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 piece of star anise
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Heat the coconut oil and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
- Prepare all the spices in a mortar (freshly ground spices allow you to create a dish that is more aromatic). Leave the piece of star anise as it is and don’t add the salt yet.
- Add the finely chopped shallots in the pan and stir until translucent.
- Add the spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add the meat (dry the diced beef with some paper towel first) and stir until fully browned on the outside.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green chilli pepper.
- Add enough water to cover all the ingredients and reduce the heat. Let simmer for approx. 20 minutes. Add more water if necessary but keep in mind that the final result should have just a bit of creamy (not watery) sauce around the meat.
- When the dish is ready, remove the piece of star anise and add the salt and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Taste and adjust the amount of spices and salt if necessary. Serve warm with finely chopped spring onions or parsley on top.
- If you want to make it look more like a curry, you can easily add a few tablespoons of coconut milk and get a perfectly creamy sauce for your beef.
- This recipe makes 2 large or 3 small portions.