When the weather gets colder, there’s nothing like a bowl of warm cosy soup. This keto roasted vegetable soup is delicious, easy to make and full of flavour.
This simple recipe has a combination of ingredients that allows you to get a creamy result without using potatoes or legumes. To get a creamier result, it’s important to allow the vegetables to roast long enough (approx. 20-35 minutes, depending on your oven, the tray you are using, how much vegetables you are roasting and how you cut them).
A bowl of this keto soup truly feels like a warm and comforting belly hug. You can pair it with some bread or some cauliflower rice (plain or cooked in some delicious ways, like this fried low-carb version).
To make this keto roasted vegetable soup, you’ll need:
- red peppers
- red onions
- tomatoes (any kind of tomatoes works well in this recipe)
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- paprika, oregano and salt
To make this keto soup, all you have to do is written in these simple steps:
- prepare the vegetables and roast them until golden and soft
- blend the vegetables with the goat cheese and a bit of water
- warm up the soup
- adjust the amount of spices and salt according to your preferences
- get creative with the toppings
Common questions about this keto roasted vegetable soup:
- Which toppings can I use? This is the truly creative part of the recipe. You can play with different flavours and consistencies using seeds, nuts, yogurt, fresh cream, olive oil, black pepper, chilli flakes or fresh parsley. All the options will help you to create a more flavourful meal and increase the content of nutrients.
- Can I make a vegan version of this keto roasted vegetable soup? Yes, the only ingredient you have to substitute is the goat cheese. You can use coconut yogurt: for the best result, use a thick yogurt and don’t cook the soup for too long after blending all the ingredients. Coconut yogurt will give to your soup a delicious flavour, just ensure it doesn’t become too watery.
- Can I make this soup in advance? Yes, you can store it in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 days (blended or not). Once you are ready to eat the soup, simply reheat it for a few minutes in a pot, prepare the bowls and add the toppings.
- Can I change some of the ingredients? Yes, you can adapt the recipe to your personal preferences. You could easily add different vegetables or spices. Just keep in mind to roast well the vegetable and taste the soup before serving in case you need to adjust the amount of spices or salt.
Keto roasted vegetable soup
When the weather gets colder, there's nothing like a bowl of warm cosy soup. This keto roasted vegetable soup is delicious, easy to make and full of flavour.
- 170 g carrots
- 130 g tomatoes
- 60 g red onions
- 60 g red peppers
- 70 g soft goat cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- a pinch of salt
- Wash and cut the vegetables. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Roast them in the oven at 180°C until golden and soft. This step will take approx. 20-35 minutes.
- Allow the vegetables to cool down. Blend the vegetables with the goat cheese and a bit of water. For this step add the water in small portions and use just the amount you need to get a smooth consistency.
- Warm up the soup. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix well. Adjust the amount of spices and salt according to your preferences.
- Get creative with the toppings.
- For the toppings, you can play with different flavours and consistencies using seeds, nuts, yogurt, fresh cream, olive oil, black pepper, chilli flakes or fresh parsley.
- Using the quantities listed in this recipe, you'll be able to make 2 small bowls of soup.
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 21.5gCarbohydrates 15.8gNet Carbohydrates 11.5gFiber 4.3gProtein 8.6g