Hi there, and welcome to I Eat Keto, it’s great to have you here!
IEatKeto.com was set up with the hope of helping others on their journey with the Keto Diet, and to share our recipes and ideas from our own experiences with eating a low carb, high fat diet.
The recipes and articles on this site are here to help you find the best fit for eating a low carb diet and fitting it in with your lifestyle. If you’ve got any questions or are in need of encouragement, then drop us an any time to: [email protected]
Our Approach to Keto
The keto diet is a pretty extreme change to how you eat, not something to be taken lightly or done without a little thought. Because it’s so radical it comes in for a lot of criticism, a lot of which is right.
As a diet which promotes fat and protein over carbs, you see a lot of people eating exclusively eggs, butter, bacon etc. and losing track of the bigger picture of nutrition and what constitutes a healthy diet.
Whilst our aim on a keto diet is to get into a state of nutrional ketosis – here we try to add in a few other principles into our own diet, and these are something that we try to focus more on here at IEatKeto going forward. Beyond reaching ketosis, we think eating a keto diet should include the following aims:
- Each meal should be cooked from scratch using natural ingredients and avoiding highly processed foods
- The focus should be on complete nutrition in each meal – rather than just blindly following macros – fiber, type of fat, vitamins and minerals are all critical too to good health
- Eating enough nutritious greens and vegetables should be given as much importance as eating enough fat
- For a bunch of reasons – moderate animal products, in particular red meat shouldn’t make up the bulk of a meals calories
- Add in exercise to complement and augment the diet – understand that diet is part of a bigger puzzle and that doing one part right, doesn’t mean completely ignoring the rest
- Reset your relationship with food – this is the big one. Initially you may want to try to recreate some of your favorite treats and candy as low carb versions – but long term you should be trying to get away from these trigger foods. We know from experience how easy it is to slip back into bad habits when faced with temptation!
Thanks for stopping by! We hope you enjoy the recipes and articles you find here at IEatKeto – get in touch, leave a comment or follow us on instagram or pinterest.
Where to next on your keto journey?
1. Find out how to get into a deeper state of ketosis with our 6 steps for optimal ketosis
2. Learn more about working out on the keto diet with our keto exercise guide
3. Discover the signs and symptoms of Ketosis
4. Check out these tips and tricks to save money and lose weight with our keto on a budget guide
5. Stock up your keto cupboard with this list of ready to eat keto snacks
6. Keto in a hurry? Make one of these keto friendly smoothies to fuel your day
7. Learn more about the keto diet with our beginners guide to keto
8. Cook keto in a hurry with these great quick keto dinner recipes
9. Make great meals without blowing the bank with these cheap keto meals