This keto Greek salad is fresh, delicious and easy to make in advance. In this recipe, the characteristic Mediterranean flavours of this salad are paired with some tasty slices of marinated red onion that give to this keto salad a unique tangy twist.
Salads are always a great choice because you can:
- get creative and add your personal touch to any existing recipe
- easily change a recipe based on what’s available or what you like/don’t like
- use seasonal ingredients and create something new for every season
- combine different flavours, textures and consistencies
While this keto Greek salad is obviously very close to the traditional one, you can still change up a few details and prepare this delicious recipe with a creative twist. These are some suggestions:
- try to add two kinds of olives, instead of using just the black ones
- mix some marinated red onion with a few slices of shallot (you can use the same marinade)
- for some extra flavour, try to add a tablespoon of capers
- mix fresh mint leaves and dried mint
How to make this keto Greek salad
- Prepare the marinated onions in advance (they need to rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, ideally 45)
- Chop all the vegetables and the cheese
- Mix the ingredients in a large bowl or combine the salad directly into the individual serving plates
- Add the oil, fresh mint leaves and black pepper just before serving
Common questions about this keto Greek salad:
- Can I make it in advance? Yes, this salad is really easy to make but if you want to prepare it in advance, just store everything in closed containers in the fridge for no longer than 24 hours. For the best result, organise the food in 3 different containers (one with the onions, one with the cheese and the last one with all the other vegetables) and add the oil just before serving.
- Can I make a vegan version of this keto Greek salad? Yes, the only ingredient you need to swap is the cheese. Try to find a dairy-free alternative with a texture and taste as close as possible to feta cheese. Nowadays there are plenty of options available in the shops.
- Can I change some of the ingredients? Yes, you can adapt the recipe to your personal preferences but try to avoid changing it too much so you won’t miss the mix of flavours typical of this Mediterranean salad.
- How to pair this salad? You can serve it as part of a selection of salads or maybe with a smooth dip and some bread.
- 300 g cucumber
- 100 g tomatoes
- 80 g feta cheese
- 60 g black olives
- 25 g red onion
- 8 ml rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 leaves of fresh mint
- a pinch of black pepper
- a pinch of salt, optional
- Prepare the marinated onions in advance (they need to rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, ideally 45): mix the finely sliced red onions with the vinegar and the lemon juice. Add a pinch of sugar if you want to balance the strong flavour on the onions and the acidity of the mix vinegar/lemon.
- Chop all the vegetables and the cheese.
- Mix the ingredients in a large bowl or combine the salad directly into the individual serving plates.
- Add the oil, fresh mint leaves and black pepper just before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 274Total Fat 23.5gCarbohydrates 11.1gNet Carbohydrates 8.6gFiber 2.5gProtein 7.5g