Perfect as a snack, this vegan keto chia seed pudding is easy to make and packed with nutrients.
This is the classic snack idea that you can easily plan or prepare in advance: to get the most out of it, make the base with some chia seeds and almond drink in advance, then add the toppings just before serving.
Who knew you could make a delicious snack using just a few simple ingredients… This is all you need for this vegan keto chia seed pudding:
- chia seeds
- almond drink
- peanut butter
- chopped hazelnuts
Many different kinds of seeds became quite popular during the last few years for their content of nutrients and potential health benefits. Pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds are some of the most famous foods in this category and you just need to have a quick look at their nutritional profile to understand why. You can use them in salads, desserts, smoothies or snacks.
How to make this keto chia seed pudding:
- In a bowl, mix the chia seeds with the liquid
- Place the mixture in the fridge in a closed container and leave it to rest for at least 10 minutes (for a better result, wait 20 minutes). You could also leave the pudding in the fridge for longer: it will keep well for up to 2 days
- At this point, you’ll notice a clear change in the consistency: this is exactly the reason why this preparation is called “pudding”
- Divide the chia pudding into smaller containers and add the toppings
You can make this chia pudding into a large bowl, then transfer it to smaller bowls just before serving or prepare it directly into single-serving containers. The most practical option is the first one but it really depends on your habits and personal preferences.
Once you’ve made it a couple of times, you can start to get creative with this vegan chia seed pudding and try new flavours and combinations. These are some suggestions:
- add some vanilla powder or extract (a classic flavour that never gets old)
- mix some berries inside the pudding instead of using them as a topping
- sprinkle some cocoa nibs on top
- use a different plant-based drink like one made with cashews or hazelnuts
- add some cocoa powder (or cacao powder, if you want to include some extra nutrients)
Vegan keto chia seed pudding
- 35 g chia seeds
- 170 ml unsweetened almond drink
- 2 tsp peanut butter 100% peanuts
- 30 g strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 2 tsp chopped hazelnuts
- In a bowl, mix the chia seeds with the liquid.
- Place the mixture in the fridge in a closed container and leave it to rest for at least 10 minutes (for a better result, wait 20 minutes). You could also leave the pudding in the fridge for longer: it will keep well for up to 2 days.
- Divide the chia pudding into smaller containers and add the toppings (strawberries, peanut butter, chopped hazelnuts).