These vegetarian keto stuffed mini peppers would be a great addition to any snack platter: they are delicious, easy to make and require only a few simple ingredients.
Sometimes it’s not so easy to find tasty items to add to a snack platter. If you want to include on your table something different from the classic raw vegetables, olives, cheese and nuts… this is exactly the recipe you were looking for!
For this recipe, you can use the kind of small peppers you prefer and you also have the chance to adjust the filling according to your preferences. The one listed here is a basic filling made just with cream cheese, dried oregano, salt and pepper: it’s delicious and makes a great pair with the sweetness of the peppers, but you could also use it as a starting point for a more creative filling. For example, try to add different spices, some Harissa paste, a bit of lemon zest or a couple of teaspoons of finely chopped fresh herbs.
These vegetarian keto stuffed mini peppers could even make a delicious snack on the go but they are way tastier when served warm. Also, if you bake them just before serving, they will be perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Tips and common questions about these vegetarian keto stuffed mini peppers
- What kind of peppers should I use? The peppers shown in this blog post are sweet: the cream cheese is rich in flavour and makes a great pair with the sweetness of the peppers. On the other hand, you could also use spicy green peppers; the cream cheese helps you to reduce a little bit the spiciness of the peppers without actually covering it. Adjust the amount of cream cheese according to the size of your peppers.
- Can I make these vegetarian keto stuffed peppers in advance? No, it’s better to bake them just before serving. You can prepare the filling and cut the peppers in advance: keep them in the fridge inside a couple of closed containers.
- Can I make a vegan version of this recipe? Yes, as long as you can find a suitable alternative for the cream cheese. If you can’t find any good dairy-free cheese, have a look into homemade options based on cashews.
- Serving suggestions: these stuffed mini peppers are so rich in taste that would be absolutely delicious even served on their own. Try them with a salad or a selection of salads made with seasonal ingredients. Add these stuffed peppers to a snack platter along with some raw or roasted vegetables, olives, nuts and a smooth dip.
- 150 g mini sweet peppers (approx. 10-12 mini peppers)
- 120 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Cut the peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and the spices. Taste and adjust the flavour of the cream cheese according to your preferences.
- Use a teaspoon to stuff the peppers and place them on a baking tray.
- Add some grated Parmesan cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 10-15 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. Serve warm.
For this recipe, you can use mini sweet peppers or spicy green peppers. Adjust the amount of cream cheese according to the size of your peppers.
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 21.5gCarbohydrates 7.3gNet Carbohydrates 5.7gFiber 1.6gProtein 5g