I’m a huge tiramisu fan, if it was on a menu in my pre-keto days, I’d be ordering it for sure! Now that restaurant tiramisu is off the menu I’ve got this quick home made keto tiramisu recipe to get my fix, and I think you’ll love it too. The best thing about this delicious dessert? 3.5g net carbs per serving!
There’s something indulgent about a good tiramisu, it makes a great end of dinner treat for a dinner party, combining your after dinner coffee and a little booze at the same time! These single serve keto tiramisu’s in serving glasses are great anytime though really. I make a few of these, and wrap the glasses in plastic wrap to have them at hand for a few days, rady to eat straight away!
Quick and Easy Keto Tiramisu
This isn’t a complex recipe like a traditional tiramisu requiring custards and multiple steps. Make the almond coffee base, whip up the topping and your keto tiramisu is good to go!
The alcohol in this, whilst optional (if being really strict about your keto!) adds a lot of flavor and cuts through the creaminess. A little goes a long way, so no need to douse the thing! Try to find marsala if you can but a dry white wine will do as a replacement.
Some other tips, try to get your coffee pretty strong for this, I’d go for espresso if you have the means to make that, otherwise a really strong brew in a french press or similar will do the trick.
Be sure to powder up your sweetener or use a pre-powdered sweetener. As you’re folding the sweetener lightly into the cream mixture you want to ensure it dissolves well and doesn’t leave a grainy texture.
An easy keto tiramisu for 1!
I hope you give this one a try, and enjoy it as much as I do! Keep one in the fridge for those days when your sweet tooth craving become too much to bear.
I try to keep sweet treats to a minimum, to avoid slipping back into old bad habits of feeding the sweet tooth too often. But when I do give in I want it to be something indulgent and delicious like this keto tiramisu. Some other great treats I go back to again again are fat bombs like these hazelnut mocha bites (kinda like a ferrero rocher!) or these delicious chocolate pistachio truffles!
Let me know what you think in the comments below and if you’ve got any tips or recommendations to improve it.
Quick Keto Tiramisu
For the Base
- 50 g Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Sweetener
- 20 g Melted Butter
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- 30 ml Espresso
- 15 ml Brandy optional
For the Topping
- 75 g Mascarpone
- 50 g Heavy Cream
- 15 ml Marsala or Dry White Wine
- 3 tsp Sweetener
- Cocoa Powder
- Lightly toast the almond flour in a dry skillet on a medium heat until golden brown, to bring out the flavour (important!)
- Mix with the rest of the base ingredients, including the brandy if you're using it. Combine well and spoon into the base of two serving glasses. Refrigerate whilst preparing the rest of the keto tiramisu
- For the topping, whip the heavy cream until forming light peaks. Fold in the mascarpone, marsala if using and the sweetener. Once combined spoon on top of the almond base in the serving glasses.
- Lightly dust the tops of the keto tiramisu with cacao powder and serve immediately. Alternatively refrigerate the tiramisu for 1-2 hours for a firmer topping then serve.