These hazelnut coffee and chocolate fat bombs are really simple to make, and great to have in the fridge/freezer as a delicious sweet keto snack.These last all of 5 minutes if they’re left anywhere near me!
Keeping fat bombs on hand is a great way to keep your Keto macros on track when you’re craving something sweet whilst on a Ketogenic diet. I also like these chocolate pistachio fat bombs made with mascarpone and keep a few in Tupperware and are definitely worth a try!
I’ve just been daydreaming at work about Ferrero Rocher, those delicious hazelnut chocolates so beloved of embassies as the old advert would tell us. These aren’t quite the same but roasted hazelnuts have such a distinctive flavour I can’t help but make the comparison.
These are cream cheese fat bombs, so you need to keep everything cold else this gets pretty messy, but the reward is worth it! Thinking about it the resulting mixture could make a decent ice cream with a little cream added….(that’s for another day!)
If you’re in a hurry and need you’re fat fix, why not try a smoothie instead, this Turmeric Chai smoothie packs in 56g of fat per serving with all the added health benefits of turmeric!
Hazelnut Mocha Keto Fat Bombs
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener , stevia etc.
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coffee extract
- 3 oz chopped hazelnuts
- Mix the cream cheese, sweetener, cocoa powder and coffee extract in a bowl until thoroughly mixed and the sweetener has dissolved.
- Place the mix into the freezer for 1 hour until it has set to a harder consistency
- Using 2 cold spoons, form a ball of the mixture and place into a bowl filled with the chopped hazelnuts, rolling around in the nuts until fully coated
- As each ball is formed, place onto chilled plate
- Once all balls are formed, place in container and keep either in the freezer or in a very cold fridge (32-36°F) If eating from the freezer, give the balls 5 minutes to thaw slightly.
3g Net Carbs
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 140Unsaturated Fat 0g
Do you eat keto? Leave a comment below if you’ve tried this recipe!