This is a really quick weekday dish, everything can be done in under 15 minutes. Throw half the ingredients in the blender, heat up the zucchini and you’re practically done!
This gives a really rich sauce with plenty of nutrients from the avocado, spinach and zucchini and lots of flavour from the Parmesan, garlic and bacon. This is exactly the sort of meal I like to cook after a long work day, comforting and quick. Keep an eye on the zucchini ‘spaghetti’ when you’re cooking it, it can quickly turn to mush if you’re not careful. I’d take the cautious route and go for slightly underdone, al dente instead.
Avocados are a great addition to a Keto diet, click for more great Keto avocado recipes!
Avocado Carbonara with Zucchini Spaghetti
- 2 slices Smoked bacon chopped into pieces
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- ½ Avocado
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ lemon juice only
- ¼ cup parmesan grated
- Combine the cheese, egg, spinach, avocado, lemon juice and heavy cream in a blender and blitz until smooth
- Fry the bacon on a medium heat until crispy, remove half from the pan for the garnish
- Fry the zucchini and crushed garlic for 5 minutes using the same pan used to fry the bacon
- Add the blitzed ingredients to the pan, mix through to heat up, season and serve immediatly. Garnish with the crispy bacon