Forget all you know about desserts with a long list of ingredients and complicated preparations: this easy keto lemon mousse will easily become your new favourite dessert for Summer.
This simple keto dessert is the perfect recipe to make when you are short on time or you need something easy to make. Quick, completely raw, fresh and delicious: a recipe that will surprise you with its creaminess and simplicity.
There’s no real cooking involved in this low carb mousse. This recipe requires just 5 ingredients and the preparation couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is mixing the ingredients using a hand whisk; don’t forget to taste the mousse and adjust the amount of sweetener or lemon zest. Once all the ingredients are combined together, you can arrange the portions into small cups or bowls. The preparation is so quick that you don’t even need to make this dessert in advance.
To make this easy keto lemon mousse, you need:
- cream cheese (both light or regular cream cheese work well)
- unsweetened plain Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- lemons, zest and juice (better if they are organic since you are using the zest)
- keto-friendly sweetener of choice
- ground turmeric
Raw desserts became really popular during the last few years. Sometimes it’s due to the content of nutrients (especially for desserts made with fruit, nuts or seeds) but, in other recipes, the popularity comes from the simplicity of the preparation. Say goodbye to the last minute dessert dilemma with this easy keto lemon mousse that is also naturally gluten-free.
Common questions about easy keto lemon mousse:
- Can I make this sugar-free mousse in advance? Yes, store it in the fridge in a large bowl and give it an additional nice stir before preparing the individual portions and serve the mousse. Add a little bit of lemon zest on top (as a garnish) before serving: optional but looks always nice. This low carb lemon mousse is actually super easy to make, so you’ll rarely need to prepare it in advance.
- Can I add other ingredients or spices? Yes, try some vanilla or freshly grated ginger for a different twist. You can also sprinkle some keto-friendly granola on top. This mousse could also be served as part of a layered dessert when paired with a thick smoothie or a chocolate mousse.
- Do I have to refrigerate the mousse before serving? No, you can mix the ingredients and serve the mousse straight away.
- Can I use full-fat Greek yogurt? Yes, the final result will be slightly different and you may need to add more sweetener and lemon zest but it will be delicious anyway.
- Can I make this mousse with dairy-free ingredients? Yes, find a suitable alternative for cream cheese and pair it with some thick coconut yogurt.
- Which keto-friendly sweetener should I use? You can pick your favourite one. Try erythritol or a sweetener that resembles confectioner sugar.
Easy keto lemon mousse
This easy keto lemon mousse will easily become your new favourite dessert for Summer: it's easy to make, creamy, fresh and delicious.
- 170 g unsweetened plain Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 15 g erythritol
- 15 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp lemon zest
- a pinch of ground turmeric
- Mix the ingredients in a large bowl using a hand whisk; don't forget to taste the mousse and adjust the amount of sweetener or lemon zest.
- Once all the ingredients are combined together, you can arrange the portions into small cups or bowls. The preparation is so quick that you don't even need to make this dessert in advance.
- Add a little bit of lemon zest on top before serving (garnish, optional).
- If you want a dessert with just a hint of lemon use only 10 ml of lemon juice.
- For a stronger taste of lemon, increase the amount of lemon zest - up to 3/4 tsp.
- This recipe has a low amount of sweetener but feel free to taste the mousse and adjust the flavour according to your preferences.
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 199Total Fat 14.6gCarbohydrates 20.4gNet Carbohydrates 5.3gFiber 0.1gSugar Alcohols 15gProtein 12.2g