This is a brilliant week day Keto dinner, you get a meal with so much flavour and it takes all of 15 minutes. I like to use white fish like cod and haddock for this, as it only needs minutes to cook. If you’re not a fan of fish some grilled chicken would make a great substitute.
What’s great here is the richness of coconut milk with the delicate flesh of the fish. I’ve kept the ingredients list to a minimum to speed up the prep here, especially the spices. I use Garam Masala powder in this which is a common spice blend from India rather than assembling a dozen or so different spices myself.
Blitzing the ingredients in a blender before frying really cuts down the prep time. Done like that I can get this meal prepped and on the table in about 12 minutes!
I’ll often eat a dish like this on it’s own if i’m feeling lazy but some quick cauliflower rice goes great with this.
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 15 oz full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 0.7 lb cod or other white fish, chopped into large chunks
- Heat coconut oil to medium heat in pan
- Put garlic, ginger, chilli and tomatoes in blender and blitz until smooth
- Fry the onion in oil for 2 minutes until translucent, stirring regularly
- Sprinkle in the spices and fry for 30 seconds
- Add in the blitzed ingredients, fry for 3 minutes
- Add in the coconut oil and salt and raise the heat to bring to a boil
- Add in the fish and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked through
- Stir in the lime juice and most of the cilantro, reserving some to garnish
- serve with cauliflower rice or on it's own for more of a fish stew
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 520Unsaturated Fat 0g